Friday, July 15, 2016

Groovy Green

The house has been covered with a green zip system sheathing, which is the type of sheathing recommended by Southface for energy efficiency. The cedar siding is going on now, as well as the soffit and some windows.  The roof will be completed as soon as all the materials arrive.

Although it has been quite dry lately, we have been able to keep the gardens green.  This is my big garden at Twisted Oak, in which I'm growing okra, sunflowers, basil, tomatoes, black eyed peas, sweet potatoes, and luffa and gourds on the big trellis on the far end of this photo.  The tomatoes are coming in well now, and the okra are just starting to be ready for harvest.  I'm cooking tomatoes in the solar cooker and can't wait to make my first batch of gazpacho of the summer.  Jeff and I are also feeling inspired to try making a Bloody Mary mix as well.  :-)

No comments: