Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Why I didn't write a post last week.

So, the first week, I went at it full bore - I'm gonna write 3 posts a week.  Then I wrote 3 posts no problem - except, I haven't written anything since then.  I've spent some time thinking about why since then.  Seems like there are a variety of reasons.

The biggest thing is likely that last week's big farm news was unpleasant and awful and I didn't want to write about it.  One of our mama goats died last week.  It seemed like the obvious next thing to write about, but then I didn't want this to become the dead goat blog.  Also my feelings about it were much different than about killing a goat.  Having one of our goats die inadvertently left me feeling like a bad care taker - ashamed.  We do this because we are concerned about the well-being of our animals, and we failed one of them.  Or, perhaps, it is that these things just happen and are part of the game.  I spent a fair amount of the week with that being the obvious thing to write about, but I didn't want to.  I don't really want to now, but there it is.  I guess, oddly, when it comes down to it I'd rather shoot them in the head than letting them die of worms (which is what led to her death).  That is an odd realization.

That probably also led to some inertia and some unwillingness to write about other more mundane things.  So there it is.  I promise I won't write about a dead goat again, at least not this month.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:(, MOMd